Accounting Forwarding

dbeutler dannybeutler at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 00:56:50 CEST 2011

I thought I would first work on setting up the proxy and then focus on the
picking of certain attribute pairs to forward.
I put the following in the proxy.conf file:
realm fakecompany.com {
	type		= radius
	authhost	= 192.41.31.4:1812
	accthost	= 192.41.31.4:1813
	secret		= testing123
}

I put the following in the radiusd.conf file in the preacct section (this
may be the wrong place but was the only area that I saw a preacct section):
  if (NAS-Port == "5060") {
  	update control {
    	Proxy-To-Realm := "fakecompany.com"

For context, the whole preacct section of the radiusd.conf file looks like
the following:
preacct {
	preprocess
	#
	#  Ensure that we have a semi-unique identifier for every
	#  request, and many NAS boxes are broken.
	acct_unique
  if (NAS-Port == "5060") {
  	update control {
    	Proxy-To-Realm := "fakecompany.com"
	#
	#  Look for IPASS-style 'realm/', and if not found, look for
	#  '@realm', and decide whether or not to proxy, based on
	#  that.
	#
	#  Accounting requests are generally proxied to the same
	#  home server as authentication requests.
#	IPASS
	suffix
#	ntdomain
	#
	#  Read the 'acct_users' file
	files
}

When I run in debug mode, I get the following:
Starting - reading configuration files ...
reread_config:  reading radiusd.conf
Config:   including file: ../etc/raddb/proxy.conf
Config:   including file: ../etc/raddb/clients.conf
Config:   including file: ../etc/raddb/snmp.conf
Config:   including file: ../etc/raddb/eap.conf
Config:   including file: ../etc/raddb/sql.conf
../etc/raddb/radiusd.conf[1970]: Line is not in 'attribute = value' format
Errors reading radiusd.conf

Thanks,
Danny