Need a little regex help

Commonn Systems admin at commonn.com
Sat Sep 17 03:22:41 CEST 2011

Hello list!

After reading the list pretty much everyday for a month now, going
through the docs, manuals and a lot of googling (which always brought me
back to the list anyway), I have finally decided which way to go to
filter access to two SSIDs, for 2 groups.
I am using FR 2.1.11 on Debian squeeze, against an AD domain with LDAP
membership lookup. I have 5 AP registered with FR, they each have 2
SSIDs that show in the request as MACADDRESS:SSID_ABC.
Based on Phil Mayers  on this post,
http://freeradius.1045715.n5.nabble.com/How-do-I-have-one-Freeradius-server-hosting-multiple-ldap-instances-and-associate-each-SSID-with-pare-td2847210.html#a2850433
,
I would like to match the last 8 characters of the Called-Station-Id,
"SSID_ABC"

authorize {
    if (Called-Sation-Id == SOMEREGEX:SSID_ABC) {
      update request {
        Tmp-String-0 = "Staff"
    elsif (Called-Sation-Id == SOMEREGEX:SSID_DEF) {
      update request {
        Tmp-String-0 = "Students"

Everything is working great, this is the last piece of the puzzle to
finalize the project.
I understand, this does not have anything to do with the wonderful
software that freeradius is, but from what I have read, lots of people
on this list are very skilled with regex. Thank you so much for all the
work and help you put in here.

Tossi