MySQL performance

Lorenzo Milesi lorenzo.milesi at yetopen.it
Tue Sep 20 17:57:30 CEST 2011

> Your output does not look llike it comes from FR2's debug log.

This first debug log was a -x.
And yes, it's FR 1.1.7! (yes, could have said that before)

> > Let's say most of the problems come from a newly deployed nas.
>
> Then start from there.
>
> If the db is slow and FR is late to respond, the NAS will usually
> resend the request and FR will complain when receiving duplicate
> request. Your log shows no such event, so my guess is it's not slow or
> db issue.

What makes this nas different from the hundreds I've deployed previously is the traffic load, which is sensibly higher.

But if you say so I'm confident in believing that maybe as I wrote in the previous mail FR is not actually my main problem, instead I should start investigate this password generation problem done by the php script...

> One simple test is try using the same user/password to logon from a
> "new", problematic NAS and from a "working" NAS. Compare debug output
> from both, and compare both NAS config. It should help you find out
> what's wrong.

We had tests like these performed already. Will try again...

Thanks for the suggestions, will report back ASAP!
Lorenzo Milesi - lorenzo.milesi at yetopen.it

YetOpen S.r.l. - http://www.yetopen.it/
Via Carlo Torri Tarelli 19 - 23900 Lecco - ITALY -
Tel 0341 220 205 - Fax 178 6070 222

GPG/PGP Key-Id: 0xE704E230 - http://keyserver.linux.it

-------- D.Lgs. 196/2003 --------

Si avverte che tutte le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio sono
riservate ed a uso esclusivo del destinatario. Nel caso in cui questo
messaggio Le fosse pervenuto per errore, La invitiamo ad eliminarlo
senza copiarlo, a non inoltrarlo a terzi e ad avvertirci non appena
possibile.
Grazie.