Confusion between Freeradius + MSCHAPv2 + Samba

Andreas Rudat rudat at endstelle.de
Wed Sep 21 21:50:24 CEST 2011

Hello,

I have two machines. Freeradius + Samba as PDC. I auth. wlan clients
against Radius and I want to store any user data on my Samba.  The
client auth, will be realized with PEAP+MSCHAPv2. So the problem is the
bad thing with MSCHAPv2 and NTLMv1. So an other way could be kerberos
and I read this howto
http://deployingradius.com/documents/configuration/active_directory.html
but is it usefull to use kerberos with two machines? I think it would be
a contradiction of kerberos and would it work without AD/ldap? And could
I use a sql database to save the encrypted passwords by using ntlm and
the rlm_mschap module?

Thanks!
Andreas