MySQL performance

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Sep 22 15:34:55 CEST 2011

Lorenzo Milesi wrote:
> This radius has been successfully running for 4y now.
> Problems raised since when we increased the number of users.

  So?  Since you're using the same configuration, the performance
problems must be related to your configuration.

> So, by the way, seems like there are two problems: the wrong passwords, and the failing radius requests.

  The "wrong" passwords are because you're using 1.1.x.  Upgrade.

> I've checked in the debug output and seems that most of the failed request are Interim-Update, so it may even be that the database is not actually my *main* problem right now.

  So... find out why the Interim-Updates are slow.  They're not slow in
the default configuration.

  Check the DB.  Are the fields indexed?  Likely not...