Radius + Samba + Mysql?

Andreas Rudat rudat at endstelle.de
Sun Sep 25 14:05:34 CEST 2011

Am 25.09.2011 13:43, schrieb Fajar A. Nugraha:
> Should work if you have enough knowledge about all three components.
> The main "problem" would be that FR and samba uses different schema
> for storing user passwords, but if you're familiar with triggers then
> it should be possible. Just try it.
yeah thats the problem I thought. No I'm not realy familiar with
triggers and sql
> One other thing to note however, ntlm_auth is only necessary if your
> backend (usually AD) don't give out clear-text or nt-hash. If you have
> one of those available (in the case of mysql-backed samba, it's
> nt-hash), you don't need ntlm_auth.

Thats also bad only nt-hash is not good, I tried to set up Ad but got
heavy problems with setting it up. But it would be the best thing for
auth samba and fr users I think?
Last way would be perhaps of using smbpasswd.

Andreas