Reverting Accept-Reject to Access-Accept

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Tue Sep 27 14:33:18 CEST 2011

> 		++[sql_pppoe_subscriber] returns ok
> ++? if (notfound)
> ? Evaluating (notfound) -> FALSE
> ++? if (notfound) -> FALSE

This is because SQL is not used for Authentication. There's a hack to make User-Password == 'password' work correctly with authentication modules, so it's not actually doing a comparison, so will always match.

> Found Auth-Type = PAP
>
> When I use User-Password in the user profile it works but gives warning for
> using User-Password instead of Cleartext-Password.
>
> is this warning a real problem?

It's a real problem, you should be using Cleartext-Password := 'password' in radcheck. These types of hacks will not be supported in 3.0, it'll still warn you but won't fix it for you...

Arran Cudbard-Bell
a.cudbardb at freeradius.org

Betelwiki, Betelwiki, Betelwiki.... http://wiki.freeradius.org/ !