Limit guest/anonymous users for 15 minutes

Alexandre Chapellon a.chapellon at horoa.net
Tue Sep 27 14:39:19 CEST 2011

Le 27/09/2011 14:08, CyAndrew a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> could someone give me a hints about how to reach a configuration when
> users with anonymous/guest account are able to access for limited time
> only and then blocked for some period of time?
>
> Example:
> 1. First user log in as guest/guest.
> 2. Access is granted for FIRST user and his device for let say 15 minutes
> only.
> 3. Second use log in as guest/guest.
> 4. Access is granted for SECOND user and his device for 15 minutes only.
> 5. Access for FIRST user expires.
> 6. Access for SECOND user expires.
>
> Is it possible to configurate such a behaviour with SQL user storage?
Unless I missunderstood, I would say that you must not use simultaneous
checking to set up things. Well at least  not the regular way. But
writing a customised simultaneous_query_check would maybe help you
achieve this.
In short, make you simultaneous_check_query check for the pair
user/device in your accounting database no matter if session has ended
or not.

I don't know how clever it is, as if your acct database is large, it may
(or may not) slow down the authentification process to death.