2.1.12 bug/change in behaviour - un-named server {} blocks no longer work?

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Sep 27 14:48:20 CEST 2011

All,

For a long time, I have had a config with this:

sites-enabled/foo:

listen {

server {
   authorize {
     ..

sites-enabled/oldfoo:

client xxx {
   virtual_server = oldfoo
}
server oldfoo {
   authorize {
    ..

That is, an un-named virtual server {} block with the config in it, and
an older block which certain clients are hard-coded to.

2.1.12 seems to not process this config; it seems to completely ignore
the un-named virtual server config:

server { # from file /etc/raddb/macauth.conf
  modules {
  } # modules
} # server

...and thus nothing works. AFAICT this is a change from 2.1.10/11
(although I was always running a "pre-release" i.e. a known-good commit)

Removing the un-named:

server {
}

enclosing blocks makes everything work again.

I haven't had time to hunt down the commit which might have changed
this, but just a heads-up.