distributed authentification scheme advice needed

Zeus V Panchenko zeus at ibs.dn.ua
Wed Sep 28 12:11:51 CEST 2011

thanks for quick reply

Arran Cudbard-Bell (a.cudbardb at freeradius.org) [11.09.28 08:28] wrote:

> Yes, home server pools let you specify a 'fallback' home server
> which can point to a virtual server. It should be working in v2.1.x
> but is currently broken in 3.x.
>
> See proxy.conf for details.

if i have core.radius.my.domain as my primary radius server and
fallback.radius.my.domain as radius installed on AP

than i need in proxy.conf

home_server_pool my_auth_failover {
		 type = fail-over
		 home_server = core.radius.my.domain
		 fallback = fallback.radius.my.domain
}

but than, I need configure EAP/TLS on fallback.radius.my.domain
identical to core.radius.my.domain one, correct?

since without the same server certificates my clients will not be able
authenticate with fallback.radius.my.domain

am I correct?

--
Zeus V. Panchenko
JID:zeus at gnu.org.ua			      	        GMT+2 (EET)