MySQL and FreeRADIUS environment

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Fri Sep 30 16:40:16 CEST 2011

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 9:19 PM, tonimanel
<antoniofernandez at fabergames.com> wrote:
> Hi, thank you for your answer.
>
> We are thinking in two servers: First server with one freeradius and mysql
> service, both services as actives. Second server, another freeradius service
> with mysql service running also. Two servers must to have data replicated.

Like I said, eaerlier there are many possible configuration with
varying degrees of cost and
complexity, depending on how much you can tolerate a single point of
failure.

If you have a somewhat experienced MySQL admin you could create a
master-master replication. It's not really a cluster, but should be
enough for simple purposes:
http://www.google.co.id/search?q=mysql+master+master+replication

On the other hand, if you have more experience in freeradius, you
could create two independent instances and have FR replicate
accounting data to each other (or have each FR instance write to two
db, possibly with buffered sql) to maintain sync. In this setup the
user data needs to be synced manually though.

> I think that this is the best solution for my company, it's possible with
> mysql and freeradius in Debian?

It's not really a matter of which distro, but rather expertise. If you
use a distro with recent-enough version of freeradius, or willing to
compile from source, it should work.

--
Fajar