Windows 7 prompting several times

David Mitton david at mitton.com
Mon Apr 2 15:23:08 CEST 2012

Quoting Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com>:

>   i.e. the Windows box is caching the *wrong* password.
>
>   Go fix it.  Ask Microsoft how this is done.

In Windows 7, connection setup, there is a check box for remembering
credentials, clear it.

That gives you some manual control over what has previously been an
automated process.   The follow KB indicates how you can clear cached
EAP credentials on XP.
The same registry entries exist on Win7 in a different place (I forgot
exactly where) because of the migration to the new EAPhost
implementation.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823731

Also; if a connection is flagged for use by all users on a system, the
key is in HKLM, not the current user.

Dave.