How to configure COA in freeRadius

ulislam.raihan raihan1780 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 11:44:58 CEST 2012

Hi Alan ,

That was my question in second post. So i have to mention the CoA port in
home_server section of originate-coa file . If my understanding is right

Where i configure the secret for CoA? I hope in clients.conf. Then it will
look like this
client 127.0.01 {
	secret		= testing123-2
	shortname	= private-network-2
        coa_server = localhost-coa
}

and in originate-coa  the configuration will be
home_server localhost-coa {
	type = coa

	#
	#  Note that a home server of type "coa" MUST be a real NAS,
	#  with an ipaddr or ipv6addr.  It CANNOT point to a virtual
	#  server.
	#
	ipaddr = 127.0.0.1
	port = 4200

	#  This secret SHOULD NOT be the same as the shared
	#  secret in a "client" section.
	secret = testing1234

	#  CoA specific parameters.  See raddb/proxy.conf for details.
	coa {
		irt = 2
		mrt = 16
		mrc = 5