kill -HUP sometimes causes "rlm_pap: mschap xlat failed"

Jan Weiher jan at buksy.de
Thu Apr 12 16:29:07 CEST 2012

Hi,

it does the first - calling kill -HUP on postrotate:

/var/log/freeradius/*.log {
        weekly
        rotate 52
        compress
        notifempty
	postrotate
	kill -HUP `cat  /var/run/freeradius/freeradius.pid`
	endscript
}

I checked the init script as well, it does not offer a reload option,
just restart and force-reload, doing both the same: calling the stop
option and then the start option again...

Jan