post-auth problem after update from 2.0.4 to 2.1.10

Matthew Newton mcn4 at leicester.ac.uk
Mon Apr 16 22:40:37 CEST 2012

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 10:00:03PM +0200, Gerald Krause wrote:
> >   Please use 2.1.12.  It's better.
>
> I'll check that suggestion. In the moment this is a plain "apt-get
> install/update/upgrade" Debian box that comes with 2.1.10 (don't blame
> me...) but maybe I'am going to install freeradius from scratch somewhat
> later.

FWIW, building packages for the latest FR on Debian is really
easy.

There's instructions from tarball on the wiki:
  http://wiki.freeradius.org/Build#Building+Debian+packages

I've put instructions up to build from git[0], I'm sure it's in
many other places too.

in short, assuming build deps installed:

$ git clone git://github.com/alandekok/freeradius-server.git
$ cd freeradius-server/
$ git checkout release_2_1_12
$ buildpackage -us -uc -rfakeroot

You can easily build packages for the latest 2.1.x tree this way
too (git checkout v2.1.x), which has even more shiny RADIUS
goodness (although if you don't install the freeradius-mysql
package you'll have to remove /etc/freeradius/modules/dhcp_sqlippool
to get it to start).

Matthew

[0]  http://notes.asd.me.uk/2012/01/27/compiling_freeradius_from_git_on_debian/

--
Matthew Newton, Ph.D. <mcn4 at le.ac.uk>

Systems Architect (UNIX and Networks), Network Services,
I.T. Services, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom

For IT help contact helpdesk extn. 2253, <ithelp at le.ac.uk>