users file rejex

DaveA daldwinc at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Apr 17 13:48:23 CEST 2012

Hello,

I would like to default reject users who have a "/" or "\" in their
username. Often users will misconfigure their machines and Windows will send
the host\username, which will never be a valid login here.

Where is the best place to do this? I have tried to put this in the users
file, but I may not have the correct regex:

DEFAULT User-Name =~ /[0-9a-zA-Z\/\\]+/, Auth-Type := Reject

My match cases are:

host\username
host\\username
host/username
host //username

I do not want to sanitize these for the users.

Thanks,
Dave