Auth-Type Fall-Through & ldap timeouts

Tobias Hachmer lists at kokelnet.de
Wed Apr 18 14:44:59 CEST 2012

Am 18.04.2012 14:32, schrieb Alan DeKok:
> Tobias Hachmer wrote:
>> Simply as a fallback, in case there is a maintanance on the network
>> where the ldap servers are conected to. In this case we need to log
>> on
>> to our switches though.
>
>   "Hi, I want my network to keep working when I take my network
> down."
>
>   That doesn't really make sense.  You're trying to work around a
> problem that can't be worked around.  Hacking the RADIUS server is a
> bad
> choice.

Hi,

well, I think it's not. In a big network, there's a backbone and
multiple networks connected to that backbone. The network the active
directory servers are connected to is on of them. When there is a
maintenance on this network, e.g. switching the ospf area or whatever, I
want that the network administrators can administer the network devices
in the other networks, which are not under maintenance and still
working.

Tobias Hachmer