ldap redundant-load-balance issue

Tobias Hachmer lists at kokelnet.de
Thu Apr 19 14:23:20 CEST 2012

Am 19.04.2012 13:44, schrieb Alan DeKok:
> Tobias Hachmer wrote:
>> During FreeRADIUS performance test as described in
>> /usr/share/doc/freeradius/performance-testing.gz I noticed that FR
>> does
>> for the ldap-group query above (Ldap-Group ==
>> "cn=radius.users,ou=Groups,dc=test,dc=local") no load-balancing or
>> fall-through to other ldap modules. Every time only ldap module
>> ldap3 is
>> taken to do this ldap-group query.
>
>   That's how it works.  The LDAP-Group queries are not load balanced.

Hmm, but then there is no big benefit instantiating multiple ldap
modules inside a redundant-load-balance group.
I recognized that the last referred module inside the group is taken to
do the query. Can I affect this in a different way as changing the
order?

>> Why FR doesn't load balance for this ldap-query?
>
>   Because the code to do it hasn't been written.
>
>   Feel free to submit a patch.

I would if I could, but I have no advanced know-how to any programming
language, sorry.

Regards,

Tobias Hachmer