Segfault on CentOS 5.8 with 2.1.12

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Fri Apr 20 23:05:58 CEST 2012

On 04/20/2012 04:09 PM, Norman Elton wrote:
>>   As Fajar said, try the v2.1.x branch from git.  It has some fixes to
>> the Perl module.
>
> Francois,
>
> Did these suggestions help? We're getting a rlm_perl segfault, very
> sporadically. All I see in the logs is:
>
> radiusd[21706]: segfault at 10 ip 0000003e4bc531b1 sp 00007f1aafffdd70
> error 4 in libperl.so[3e4bc00000+162000]
>
> I have not yet gotten a core dump, but will look into newer versions from git.

We recently patched our version of FreeRADIUS for fedora and RHEL6 to
include the eerl fix from the 2.1.x git repo

You can get the fedora patch from here:

https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=314457

For CentOS 5.8 you'll need to grab the srpm for it, and edit that spec
file to include the patch you find in the above fedora build.

Instructions on how to build an RPM from an SRPM can be found here:

http://wiki.freeradius.org/Red_Hat_FAQ

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?