How fast can IP Pool SQL be? :) *a Shocker*

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Apr 22 22:02:19 CEST 2012

Christiaan Rademan wrote:
> So what I am actually trying to determine here is whether I stumbled
> across a great solution or something meaningless that worked around a
> problem with my specific configuration.

  If you want us to review what you've done, then describe what you've done.

> If I did come across something nice, I would really try make an effort
> to clean it up. Maybe get others to help work on it..
>
> I probably wont be able to release the code, but I know it works, I
> could probably give you the queries, that should give you a clue as how.

  You're not going to release the code?  Then go away.  This list is the
place to talk about FreeRADIUS.  Asking us to review your commercial
work is not appropriate.

> So before I get all excited here, I would like to know from you, is 25/s
> very bad? Standard schema with standard queries? I assumed the stable
> code would be released with the best possible SQL indexes on the schema
> etc?

  It's all a mystery.  You're running a RADIUS system for 2 million
people.  You have a budget.  You figure it out.