inexplicable Nas Not Found

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Apr 25 13:42:47 CEST 2012

NorthPole wrote:
> with this setup I can only connect through the pfsense's captive portal
> when I try to use radtest in both localhost and the remote ubuntu i
> get a nas not found response

  That message is not part of the default configuration.

> [pap] Found existing Auth-Type, not changing it.
> ++[pap] returns noop
> Found Auth-Type = Local
> WARNING: Please update your configuration, and remove 'Auth-Type = Local'
> WARNING: Use the PAP or CHAP modules instead.

  That needs to be fixed, too.

> Exec-Program output: Reply-Message="NAS not found!"
> Exec-Program-Wait: value-pairs: Reply-Message="NAS not found!"
> Exec-Program: returned: 1
> [exec] Login incorrect (external check said so)

  You're using a "Exec-Program-Wait" check.  That program is returning
"NAS not found".

  This is a program on your local machine.  Likely one that you wrote.
Go fix it, and make sure it works.

> what am I missing here?

  Reading the debug output helps.

  The *server* isn't returning a "NAS not found" message.  *Your*
program is returning it.  That's what the debug output says.

  Once that is clear, the solution is obvious: fix your program.