Proxy Question

Matthew Newton mcn4 at leicester.ac.uk
Wed Apr 25 15:56:57 CEST 2012

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 09:19:58AM -0400, David Peterson wrote:
> I have a more of an abstract question as to proxy functionality.  Can you do
> the following:
>

> bob at bob.com password test
>
> bob.com -> proxy to localhost
> bob at bob.com - reply Access Deny
>
> This would be the norm for that realm, just deny everyone.
>
> Except for bob's boss:
>
> boss at bob.com password gooduser
> bob.com -> proxy to actual bob.com external AAA server.
>
> I hope this isn't a complete mess of a question.

Yes - proxying only happens if you hit the end of the authorize {}
section having set the Proxy-To-Realm control attribute.

So you can set/not set that, based on anything in the incoming
packet, to determine if it should be proxied or not.

Something like (completely untested)

if (User-Name =~ /whatever/) {
  update control {
    Proxy-To-Realm := 'externalaaa'
  }
  else {
    reject

Then create realm 'externalaaa' in your proxy.conf file, as
normal.

There must be many ways to do this. Another possibility in your
users file -

boss at bob.com    Proxy-To-Realm := 'whatever'

DEFAULT         Auth-Type := Reject

Cheers,

Matthew

--
Matthew Newton, Ph.D. <mcn4 at le.ac.uk>

Systems Architect (UNIX and Networks), Network Services,
I.T. Services, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom

For IT help contact helpdesk extn. 2253, <ithelp at le.ac.uk>