FreeRadius LDAP OID Numbering

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Apr 27 11:16:51 CEST 2012

Peter Lambrechtsen wrote:
> There is the FR LDAP Schema LDIF file to import FreeRadius related
> schema into your LDAP directory.
>
> Searching around it seems that OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.3317.4.3.1 up to 68 is
> allocated.
>
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.freeradius.devel/6134

  Why search the list?  The LDIF file is included with the server.

> Who "owns" the OID and I could ask to get 69 registered formally?

  The OID is a private enterprise code.  3317 is some other open source
project (I forget which, and don't care to look).  It was used because
one of the people there contributed the LDIF file.

> I would like to add the LDAP Attribute "radiusFramedPool" for
> Framed-Pool VSA
>
> Should I just build a DIFF and submit it to the list, or is there an
> owner of the OID numbering who I would need to contact?

  Just add it.  We effectively own that space.  They're not using it.