radiusd -X SQL suggests "not found" however user attributes are in the radcheck table?

Kaya Saman kayasaman at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 01:18:43 CEST 2012

On 07/31/2012 10:56 PM, Alan Buxey wrote:
> Look at the SQL output carefully. It's talking about radusergroup.
> Have you got such a user in there? Do you need to perform that check?
>

> alan
>
> --
> This smartphone uses free WiFi around the world with eduroam, now
> that's what I call smart.

Hi Alan,

sorry for sending another posting based on this without fully
understanding however, I think I get what the sentence means that I
quoted from the wiki.....

If I created a group: say LAN-USER

Then put any system that need the tunnel-type etc... attributes; ie.

VLAN
IEEE-802
0x000000 for preference

Would this make the SQL lookups faster and hence limit the size of the
database as on a per user basis these attributes wouldn't need to be
filled in?

I maybe way off base but it was just a thought that came to mind before
I officially hit the sack and called it a day!

Regards,

Kaya