radiusd -X SQL suggests "not found" however user attributes are in the radcheck table?

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Wed Aug 1 05:52:19 CEST 2012

This helps: http://wiki.freeradius.org/Concepts

> For now I have all the pieces to my jigsaw puzzle, minus defining a VLAN
> (tunnel ID) of last resort so if FR doesn't recognize the L2 address of a
> machine it should give it a specific tunnel-ID (VLAN).

There should be many ways to do that. If you assume that "normal"
users would always have ONE Tunnel-Private-Group-Id reply attribute
(in radreply), then you should be able to use unlang:
http://freeradius.org/radiusd/man/unlang.html

You would then need to do something like this:
- have "sql" module active in authorize block (you should already have
that), which would populate reply attributes from rad(group)reply
table
- under that, have an unlang block that says "if there's no
Tunnel-Private-Group-Id attribute in the reply, then add one".
Something like (untested)

update reply {
    Tunnel-Private-Group-Id = 10
}

Replace the "10" there with whatever your Tunnel-Private-Group-Id for
unknown users is, and the "=" operator will "Add the attribute to the
list, if and only if an attribute of the same name is not already
present in that list" (see unlang man page).

--
Fajar