radiusd -X SQL suggests "not found" however user attributes are in the radcheck table?

Kaya Saman kayasaman at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 12:53:13 CEST 2012

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 7:36 AM, Alan Buxey <A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk> wrote:
> Wait. You said you were trying to do dot1x.... but now you say MAB. The
> Auth-Type := accept construct would work with MAB... but better to put the
> matching cleartext-password instead.  Your ideas ate almost online...no
> reason to make things complex , use SQL with radreply items for setting the
> VLAN. perhaps look at something like packetfence though
>
> alan

Hi Alan,

I'm sorry, I got confused! I am trying to do MAB however, my confusion
came due to Cisco's documentation putting MAB under dot1x, making me
think that either mab was a sub-section of dot1x or part or cut-down
version of it....

I will definitely look into adding the user a different way, putting
the Name and Pass into the record rather then choosing the "MAC
Authentication" portion of DaloRADIUS.

What do you suggest I do about the radusergroup check that you
mentioned in your last email?

I probably went off on a tangent completely misunderstanding what it
was, do I need to disable it?

I had a look at Packetfence and will investigate further about it as
I'm not sure if that works with or in-place-of RADIUS, currently I am
quite happy with RADIUS however, and it is something that is very
interesting to learn and hopefully implement in the near-future!

Regards,

Kaya