radiusd -X SQL suggests "not found" however user attributes are in the radcheck table?

Kaya Saman kayasaman at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 13:17:11 CEST 2012

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 12:02 PM, alan buxey <A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> What do you suggest I do about the radusergroup check that you
>> mentioned in your last email?
>
> do you need/want that functionality? if so, then populate the tables, if not, then
> remove that function

Ok I'll remove it as you suggested not to over-complicate things in
your email this morning so I don't see any need need for it.

>> I had a look at Packetfence and will investigate further about it as
>> I'm not sure if that works with or in-place-of RADIUS, currently I am
>> quite happy with RADIUS however, and it is something that is very
>> interesting to learn and hopefully implement in the near-future!
>
> it uses FreeRADIUS - its a NAC solution and can deal with your kit.

Thanks!

> PS in your other post, your unlang is wrong... you have trailing :- etc
>
> you just want something like
>
> if (%{User-Name}) {
>
> blah blah
>
> ]
>
> or such....

Upon putting your suggestion in I get:

Bare %{...} is invalid in condition at: %{User-Name})
....../default[62]: Errors parsing authorize section.

The actual statement looks like so now with the above error in-place:

if (%{User-Name}) {

update reply {

I actually grabbed the initial syntax from here:

"Conditional Syntax

    Conditional syntax similar to that used in Unix shells may also be used.

    %{%{Foo}:-bar}
        If %{Foo} has a value, returns that value.
        Otherwise, returns literal string "bar".
    %{%{Foo}:-%{Bar}}
        If %{Foo} has a value, returns that value.
        Otherwise, returns the expansion of %{Bar}.

        These conditional expansions can be nested to almost any
depth, such as with %{%{One}:-%{%{Two}:-%{Three}}}

"

> alan

Regards,

Kaya