radiusd -X SQL suggests "not found" however user attributes are in the radcheck table?

Kaya Saman kayasaman at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 16:32:19 CEST 2012

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 1:36 PM, Fajar A. Nugraha <list at fajar.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 7:20 PM, Kaya Saman <kayasaman at gmail.com> wrote:
>> IF %User-Name notfound IN SQL
>>

> This one might not work the way you intended. What you've done so far,
> the "=" part says "add this attribute if it doesn't already exist"
> (e.g. not in SQL)
>
> If you HAVE to do "notfound" check, something like this MIGHT work
>
> authorize {
>
> sql
> if (notfound) {
>   }
>
> }
>
>> Accept AND Provision onto VLAN 80 (my demo guest vlan in this case but
>> could be any number (n))
>
> Then just add Auth-Type = Accept inside the update block.
>
> --
> Fajar

I tried this method which didn't work.... The expression came out TRUE
but then it failed to authenticate :-(

If however, as Alan B. suggested to add a DEFAULT entry to the
/etc/raddb/users file is 'better' then I'd be happy to go down that
route.

I have already started testing with it but again I'm doing something
wrong so it isn't able to process the information properly.

This is the output I have:

Users:

DEFAULT		Auth-Type := Accept
		Tunnel-Type:0 = VLAN,
		Tunnel-Medium-type:0 = IEEE-802,
		Tunnel-Private-Group-Id:0 = "80",
		Tunnel-Preference:0 = 0x000000,
		Fall-Through = Yes

I tried also with the basic:

DEFAULT Auth-Type := Accept (tried with = too, though found more
references to using := in Google)

This is the result of trying to start FR with that in place:

 Module: Linked to module rlm_files
 Module: Instantiating module "files" from file /etc/raddb/modules/files
  files {
	usersfile = "/etc/raddb/users"
	acctusersfile = "/etc/raddb/acct_users"
	preproxy_usersfile = "/etc/raddb/preproxy_users"
	compat = "no"
  }
Couldn't open /etc/raddb/acct_users for reading: Permission denied
Errors reading /etc/raddb/acct_users
/etc/raddb/modules/files[7]: Instantiation failed for module "files"
/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/inner-tunnel[133]: Failed to load module "files".
/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/inner-tunnel[47]: Errors parsing authorize section.

Is the error here due to the 'users' file not containing correct
information, or do I need to uncomment/adapt one of the lines in
acct_users?

Regards,

Kaya