FreeRADIUS, 802.1x, and multiple user stores

Jonathan L Ocab jonathan.ocab at ucr.edu
Wed Aug 1 20:08:18 CEST 2012

I believe you shed light onto the AD situation, but one item of note is that my campus' primary user store is OpenLDAP and is what is used by our production FreeRADIUS services.

What I need to do is so our primary AD forest's domain controllers can be used. An Active Directory domain authenticated host/workstation would need to use AD for the user store and anything else would go against OpenLDAP.

But we also have the issue where there are separate AD forests in our campus environment.

I will do some testing in my development environment to leverage ntlm_auth against our main campus AD store.

-j