user(name) and EAP-TLS

Klaus Klein k.klein at gmx.de
Tue Aug 7 10:26:39 CEST 2012

Am 06.08.2012 09:39, schrieb Alan DeKok:
> Klaus Klein wrote:
>> Am 04.08.2012 18:51, schrieb Alan DeKok:
>    I'm stating my opinion outright.  If you think I'm "implying"
> something, you're misreading it.
Now that's a nice twist.

I guess this is the sentence which offended you:
> The final (first) productive installation should protect the access to my private WLAN with 3+ APs and 10+ clients.

I don't know how, but obviously you misread that as:
> The fact is that you said FreeRADIUS doesn't "protect access", simply because you didn't understand how it works.
It's simply not true that I said or wrote anything like that!
You are just implying that into my statement, just read it again!
If you think different than just show me were I wrote that.

FreeRADIUS to me is (as far as I can judge) a great piece of software which capabilities to 'protect access' is heavily dependent on the implementation and configuration within the installation. And yes. it is my goal that FreeRADIUS _should_ protect the access to my network knowing that I'm the weakest link in this chain. To tackle this, I joint this list.

>>    This isn't about me.
It was you who accused me to imply, blame, misread and insult.
> Implying that FreeRADIUS doesn't "protect access" is rude.
> You only have yourself to blame.
> ... you're misreading it.
> you argue, and start insulting us.

> I've had similar conversations with dozens of people over the last 13+ years.
Stating my opinion:
With that experience I would have expected some more seniority and not being offended by the word 'should'.
I call that 'jumping the gun'.

> It's apparently OK to offend other people,
Never is, never was.

but it's wrong for me to point out offensive comments.
You have all the rights to point out offensive comments _IF_ the are offensive.

>    I've had enough of that nonsense.  As list admin, I won't put up with it.
>>>     Stop it, or you will be unsubscribed and banned.
>    Does this mean (a) you'll behave, or (b) you won't behave?
If that is how you want to be seen on this list, its up to you.

Just my 2ct and my last comment on this incident.

Klaus