Multiple incoming requests from unknown clients

Diego Matute dmatute at cyphercor.com
Tue Aug 14 15:40:14 CEST 2012

Thanks Alan.

I've reviewed the documentation and I'm not sure how to make it work.

The only attributes passed to the server config are related to the source
IP address, which is not enough information to determine which policy to
apply.

The use case is configuring FreeRADIUS to accept requests from unknown
clients with different policies. By different policies I mean different
authentication methods. I thought the secret key could be used to
differentiate the calls and apply the correct policy. Have I missed
something here?

The domain names and potentially IP addresses clients use to configure the
target RADIUS server could differ. However, in the backend there would be a
single server servicing requests. Not a big fan of this approach. Another
way would be requiring the client to configure additional attributes to be
passed down in the request. Also not a fan of this approach.

Diego