Segmentation Fault after PPP proxy

David Aldwinckle daldwinc at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Aug 15 15:17:12 CEST 2012

Hello,

This morning I was attempting to move dialup (PPP) authentication to FreeRadius, and was met with a segmentation fault. I am using version 2.2 on RHEL. Below are details of my configuration. Users are using MSCHAPv2.

/etc/raddb/users

DEFAULT Framed-Protocol == PPP, Proxy-To-Realm := DIALUP_REALM

/etc/raddb/proxy.conf

realm DIALUP_REALM {
virtual server = dialup
}

/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/dialup

server dialup {
authorize {
files
mschap
pap
}
authenticate {
Auth-Type PAP {
pap
}
Auth-Type MS-CHAP {
mschap
post-auth {
#20+ group checks via LDAP

In this configuration, I get a segmentation fault. It occurs before the mschap module is called in the authenticate stanza. (I cannot provide debug at this time, since I am outside the service window.)

If I remove the manual proxying from the users file, the default server will handle the request fine. The default server looks like this:

authorize {
preprocess
chap
mschap
files
suffix
eap {
ok = return
}
expiration
logintime
pap
}

authenticate {
Auth-Type PAP {
pap
}
Auth-Type CHAP {
chap
}
Auth-Type MS-CHAP {
mschap
}
unix
eap
}

Finally, if I put the manual proxy back in, and mirror the default server in my dialup virtual server, the seg fault returns.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Dave