LDAP and FreeRadius

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Aug 16 09:00:55 CEST 2012

Phil Mayers wrote:
> Bear in mind that rlm_ldap has some quite complex password processing
> rules hard-coded into the source. In particular, I think that code
> still, incorrectly, uses PW_USER_PASSWORD as the attribute, then
> overrides it based on the presence and value of a {type} header:

  That's what has been working for ~10 years.  I'm wary of breaking
peoples systems in a minor release.

  However, this will change for 3.0.  There are major updates to the
LDAP module which use the new connection pool, clean up the code, and
generally make it more consistent with the rest of the server.