New FreeRADIUS Deployment

Julson, Jim jjulson at MARKETRON.COM
Thu Aug 16 22:23:39 CEST 2012

1.       What would be recommended server hardware (memory, disk, CPU, ...) and software (Linux distribution, kernel version, ...)?

Anything standard and new will do the trick here.  You don't need "Pie in the sky", just make sure you have

2.       How could I synchronize both servers' users?  I mean, in the beginning, I'd have two separate /etc/shadow files but this is not scalable.  I need to share a single file between both servers.  Is it possible?  How?

Do you have a SAN that you could utilize?  For performance, I'd suggest a MySQL Cluster running on something with quite a few spindles.  The SAN provides great performance in that arena.  Otherwise, you are looking at having to do a Master/Slave scenario for MySQL DB Replication

3.       Any recommendations to the backup policy?

Just your standard nightly full backups to disk, then to either tape, SAN or offsite storage of some kind.

Best regards,

Maurício Harley
Suporte Técnico
Cisco IP Phone:  +55 (85) 3133-7910
Auriga Tecnologia & Negócios

Cisco SILVER Certified Partner
IBM Business Partner

The information contained in this e-mail message may be confidential and
protected from disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient, any
dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If you
think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please notify
the sender immediately by replying to this message and then delete it
from your system.