Framed-Protocol PPP question

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Aug 17 09:15:24 CEST 2012

Jonas Fornander wrote:
> [jonas] I have not edited any configuration. I apologize if the debug log
> was edited.

  The whole POINT of posting the debug log is to see what the server is
doing.  Editing it means you're deleting data we need to help you.

> [jonas] Here is the first connection request in the debug log. I have not
> done any edits to any configurations. I have just added clients to the
> clients.conf - I got the list from the vendor - and a user to the users
> file. That's it.

  Well, you did something wrong:

> Ready to process requests.
> rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 64.105.132.249 port 1814, id=253,
> length=294
>         User-Name = "3108396020 at netwood.net"
> [files] users: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 172

  So... what's at line 172?

  Not the 3108396020 at netwood.net entry.  That's for sure.

  So... what, exactly, did you put into the "users" file?  And where?