MOTP-AS + Freeradius startup problem

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Fri Aug 17 14:49:30 CEST 2012

On 08/17/2012 04:23 AM, Бедняков Алексей wrote:
> Maybe FreeRADIUS enviroment variables work different in debugging and
> service modes? Or I miss something else?

Well, I'm not too sure what your actually doing because what you posted
appears to be an apache log but to answer your question concerning
environment variables, yes of course the handling of environment
variables are different when run from init. Generally whatever launches
daemons (there are different mechanisms) will not pass environment
variables to the daemon. This is for security reasons. If memory serves
me correctly there are a handful of special environment variables that
do get passed, but in general the answer is system daemons with root
privileges execute in a clean environment.

John

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?