OpenDirectory VLAN Assignment by Group

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Aug 21 08:51:36 CEST 2012

Theparanoidone Theparanoidone wrote:
> We have tried to copy all configuration settings from the old server to the new (so that nothing would change).   We have no desire to change any of our configurations because they previously were working.

  You've already said it was working previously.  You said it multiple
times in your last message.  You say it again multiple times in this
message.

  Why are you repeating yourself?

>>>    What happened?  What changed?  You've been careful to avoid saying that.
>
> I suspect the biggest change is the default executable of freeradius that is currently shipping with Mountain Lion server (as opposed to Snow Leopard).   (I'm guessing this version may have some Apple quirks to it???)
> radiusd -v
> radiusd: FreeRADIUS Version 2.1.12, for host i386-apple-darwin12.0, built on Jun 20 2012 at 16:50:26

  You already said you are now running 2.1.12.

  Why are you repeating yourself?  Do you think we're stupid, and we
don't understand your messages?

  What version WERE you using before this?  I asked, and you didn't say
that.  Instead, you repeated yourself: We're now using 2.1.12!

  I managed to read your previous message.  I *did* see that you were
running 2.1.12.  Repeating that information is rude.

> So again... we've tried to keep all configuration files the same... if we /etc/raddb/users has the following ending entry... it does not appear to tag the VLAN anymore:

  You already said that.

  Why are you repeating yourself?

> DEFAULT Group-Name == "testgroup"
>
>         Tunnel-Type = 13,
>         Tunnel-Medium-Type = 6,
>         Tunnel-Private-Group-Id = "101",
>         Fall-Through = no

  You do realize that format is incorrect, right?  The extra blank line
is wrong.

> However... if we try and set a VLAN based upon a specific user (and not a group) ... then this works:

  You already said that.

  Why are you repeating yourself?

> DEFAULT User-Name == "testuser"
>         Tunnel-Type = 13,
>         Tunnel-Medium-Type = 6,
>         Tunnel-Private-Group-Id = "101",
>         Fall-Through = no
>

> The following is radius -X showing what happens when we match upon User-Name (which does work):

  Which is useless.  I didn't ask for this debug output.  I didn't
suggest you were lying about it.  You already said REPEATEDLY that "it
works with User-Name".  Maybe you think it's helpful to repeat yourself,
and post enough useless output?

  The problem here is NOT that something changed.  The problem is that
YOU are REFUSING to find out what changed.  YOU are REFUSING to use
simple debugging methods to track down what changed.