Little "problem" with sqlippool

Antonio Modesto modesto at isimples.com.br
Tue Aug 21 17:20:24 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm testing sqlippool, so far it's working well, but I'm with a exception
that I haven't thought about it before. We use  radius to authenticate the
clients on wireless access points and with PPPoE, and now I started using
sqlippool to dynamically distribute the IP's and BGP to announce the routes
through the NAS'es. The problem is that radius allocates a IP for the
client when he associates to an access point, (the wireless authentication
is done with the MAC Address as the UserName and Password) and another IP
when he connects on PPPoE, of course the IP allocated for the MAC is not
used, but the record stays on the radippool table, and cannot be allocated
to another user. Is there a way to do a regex or something like that before
selecting a pool for the client?

Thanks.