$INCLUDE ignored by freeradius

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Aug 22 15:44:17 CEST 2012

Krzysztof Grobelak wrote:
> I looked at the log output I see what is wrong but dont understand why.
> The user gets rejected because no password was found. It was not found
> because the $INCLUDE directive did not include the users.group1 into the
> users file.

  I wouldn't go that far.  The "files" module returned "noop".  This
means that the user wasn't found in the "users" file.

> Alan you said that the include directive is ignored if its not being
> seen or the included file is empty.
> It's not empty so assuming that the directive is not being seen what
> would be reason for that??

  Are you editing the file that the server is reading?

>  Module: Linked to module rlm_files
>  Module: Instantiating module "files" from file
> /usr/local/etc/raddb/mods-enabled/files
>   files {
>     usersfile = "/usr/local/etc/raddb/users"

  Check this file.  Is it the one you're editing?

  There's really no magic here.  The server reads this file.  It either
(a) reads all of it, along with "include" lines.  Or (b), it gets a
parse error, and doesn't read it.