redundant-load-balance

Omri Bahumi omri.il at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 19:36:47 CEST 2012

> I get the following errors from "radiusd -XC":
>
> /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/campus-main[179]: Failed to load module "ldap1".
> /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/campus-main[179]: Failed to parse "ldap1" entry.
> /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/campus-main[70]: Errors parsing authorize section.
>
> I tried copying modules/ldap to modules/ldap1, but that didn't work.  Also changed the ldap { ... } in modules/ldap1 to ldap1 { ... }.  No help there.
>
> This must be some syntactical aliasing that I haven't set up.  What am I missing?  For now, ldap1, ldap2, and ldap3 can all be identical (for testing).  As it happens, they point to ldap.missouri.edu at the moment, which is itself a DNS round robin.  My plan is that if it fails on the first attempt, it should attempt at least two more times, likely hitting different real servers before actually failing.

You need to create another instance of ldap. See here:
http://wiki.freeradius.org/Rlm_ldap#Group-Support
"In other words if in radiusd.conf we configure an ldap module
instance like: ldap myname { [...] }"

Change "ldap { ... }" to "ldap ldap1 { ... }" and it should solve your issue.

Good luck,
Omri.