brief window of opportunity to log in via windows

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Aug 28 15:49:34 CEST 2012

On 28/08/12 14:22, Brian Gold wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've got freeradius 2.1.10 running PEAP/MS-CHAP. Everything seems to be working fine, but we've noticed a bit of an issue with our
> Windows clients. It seems that after selecting our SSID for the first time, they are prompted for their username & password. Once
> those are entered they get a prompt to accept our certificate and then they are in. It seems though that they must enter their
> username & password fairly quickly. If they don't enter them within about 30 seconds, the connection times out and they have to
> start over again.
>
> Is there something on the radius end of things that I can do to adjust this timeout?

This is normally a result of EAP timeout on the NAS, rather than
anything else. If you can increase this, you may also need to increase
"timer_expire" in the "eap" module config, but be aware of the
implications (more memory used).

You may find this doesn't help - Windows might have its own timeout.