Log rotation

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Fri Aug 31 14:17:02 CEST 2012

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 6:54 PM, Antonio Modesto
<modesto at isimples.com.br> wrote:

> 2012/8/29 Fajar A. Nugraha <list at fajar.net>
>
>> On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 9:10 PM, Antonio Modesto
>> <modesto at isimples.com.br> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Today I'm rotating my log files with a script that runs every night, the
>> > problem is that it must stop the radiusd process, rename the file,
>> > create a
>> > new one then start radiusd again. Is there a way to do that
>> > transparently?
>> > Via syslog or something else?
>>
>> Your OS should do that already via logrotate, HUP-ing the running FR
>> process in the process. What OS/distro are you using, and what FR
>> version?
>>
> Hi, I'm using FreeBSD 8.0-STABLE

Sorry, I'm not familiar with freebsd.

You should be able to install logrotate from freebsd ports (if not
installed already), and configure it to rotate freeradius' logs. Or
contact the maintainer of freeradius port on freebsd, just in case
they do it already, or have plans to do it.

... or if you're feeling particularly lazy and just want something
that can run FR and is already configured to do log rotate, switch to
linux :)

--
Fajar