802.1x Issue

Brekler Custodio brekler88 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 1 00:22:29 CET 2012

> Rather than .bat + xml to do it, there are more user-friendly
> front-ends available. The main eduroam one (but not limited to
> eduroam of course) is su1x (http://sourceforge.net/projects/su1x/).
>
> I found that had too many features for my liking, and it does
> confuse some of our users (we still use it at the moment). I put
> together an MSI installer instead (warning - not well tested)
> https://github.com/mcnewton/edusetup which is intended to be
> simpler to use - it follows what they usually expect for an
> "install".

Well The idea is good, but the .bat would make everything. I configured a 802.1x connection here, then i used netsh to export the profile and save it with a nice name.So the instructions for now are clear. "put the file on C:\ and double click the wireless.bat" So the wireless will delete any profile with the same name and import the new profile. tested on a few windows 7 and worked fine, waiting to test on windows XP and windows 8.
But sound nice your idea! Thanks a lot