share variables in perl script (rlm_perl)

Thomas Glanzmann thomas at glanzmann.de
Sat Dec 1 16:11:35 CET 2012

Hello Laurent,

> Meaning, when i start the first radtest that modifies the global
> variable, only the sixth request can view the global variable modified
> by the first request( i guess the sixth one turns into the first
> thread).

I had the very same problem when I was implementing the smsotp perl
module. I only noticed when the system was already in production. As a
quick work around I limited the radius threads to '1'. And than I used
berkeley db to save the state. Have a look at the smsotp code, it only
took 30 minutes to implement. It is very straight forward. You can use
also a database like postgresql to obtain the same.

http://thomas.glanzmann.de/smsotpd.2012-10-05.tar.bz2

Cheers,
        Thomas