802.1x Issue

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Dec 3 20:54:02 CET 2012

Hi,

> Most times you will be able to get the native supplicant working given enough prodding, but prodding on a large scale is unfeasable without some kind of automated tool, because students are really really bad at following instructions.

oh yes, I agree with that - configuration deployment tool = big yes!  - 3rd party suppliance = big no  ;-)

> What ever happened to Open1X anyway, last update in 2011, is it pretty much dead now?

ISTR that they got bogged down with the whole TNC/posture vaidation thing.....the initial
product coming from a company that got divided into the wind (Identity Engines IIRC) - with
the opensea alliance just pretty much gone save for some google cached pages and wayback engine
storage space. back in 2007 the 802.1X space was a different beast.

alan