Setting up multiple NULL realms

Chris Taylor Chris.Taylor at corp.eastlink.ca
Mon Dec 10 20:16:29 CET 2012

I am trying to collapse multiple domains into one RADIUS server (version 2-2.1.12-4.el5_8)with and LDAP backend.

I have everything that has a realm suffix working I.E. username at domain-name, RADIUS will strip the username query the LDAP server (each domain has its own OU)and life is good.

The problem I am running into is this. Each of the domains that I am collapsing had multiple users that would just connect with "username". I can setup the NULL realm but I have only been successful in getting it to work for one of my domains (domain-1.com), all others (I.E. domain-2.com, domain-3.com) will get a password reject error as it queries against that virtual server and subsequent OU, I have tried to setup multiple virtual servers in the realm NULL setup  but that doesn't work. I have looked in the mailing list archives and searched the net but I have not been able to find anything related to this.

Proxy.conf setup

realm NULL {
        virtual_server  = virtual.domain-1.com
        virtual_server  = virtual.domain-1.com
}

Users file setup

DEFAULT Realm == "NULL", Service-Type == Framed-User, Huntgroup-Name == bras
        Filter-Id = "NoRealm",
        Fall-Through = Yes

What way should I be going about this?
Thanks,