Newbie and Sqlippool

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Wed Feb 1 13:53:15 CET 2012

2012/2/1 Antonio Modesto <modesto at isimples.com.br>:
> On Wed, 2012-02-01 at 09:19 -0200, Antonio Modesto wrote:
>
> On Tue, 2012-01-31 at 21:00 +0100, Alan DeKok wrote:
>
> Antonio Modesto wrote:
>>     I am trying to test sqlippool on freeradius, but i've found that the
>> documentation explains very well how to implement it, but it doesn't
>> explain very well how I can set a user or a group to use this pool.
>
>   Set:
>
> 	update control {
> 		Pool-Name := "main_pool"
> 	}
>

> Ok, I will try it.
>

> Sorry for the ignorance, but where must I put this section? Can I just put
> it anywhere in radiusd.conf or it must be inside another section?

It depends.

Basically Pool-Name is a control item, similar to Cleartext-Password.
Where do you put cleartext-password for your user? That's also the
place where you put pool-name, if you want per-user pool setting.

Another way is to set pool-name unconditionally for all user with
unlang. In this case the place to do it is authorize section. But then
again the example Alan wrote is using unlang, and AFAIK it's not
available in FR 1.x. You need to upgrade.

There might (as in I haven't tested it) also the possiblity of using
users file to set default check items. Something like this on top uf
users file:

DEFAULT        Pool-Name := "main_pool"
               Fall-Through = Yes

--