Newbie and Sqlippool

Antonio Modesto modesto at isimples.com.br
Wed Feb 1 14:30:28 CET 2012

On Wed, 2012-02-01 at 19:53 +0700, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:

> 2012/2/1 Antonio Modesto <modesto at isimples.com.br>:
> > On Wed, 2012-02-01 at 09:19 -0200, Antonio Modesto wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 2012-01-31 at 21:00 +0100, Alan DeKok wrote:
> >
> > Antonio Modesto wrote:
> >>     I am trying to test sqlippool on freeradius, but i've found that the
> >> documentation explains very well how to implement it, but it doesn't
> >> explain very well how I can set a user or a group to use this pool.
> >
> >   Set:
> >
> > 	update control {
> > 		Pool-Name := "main_pool"
> > 	}
> >

> > Ok, I will try it.
> >

> > Sorry for the ignorance, but where must I put this section? Can I just put
> > it anywhere in radiusd.conf or it must be inside another section?
>
> It depends.
>
> Basically Pool-Name is a control item, similar to Cleartext-Password.
> Where do you put cleartext-password for your user? That's also the
> place where you put pool-name, if you want per-user pool setting.
>
> Another way is to set pool-name unconditionally for all user with
> unlang. In this case the place to do it is authorize section. But then
> again the example Alan wrote is using unlang, and AFAIK it's not
> available in FR 1.x. You need to upgrade.
>
> There might (as in I haven't tested it) also the possiblity of using
> users file to set default check items. Something like this on top uf
> users file:
>
> DEFAULT        Pool-Name := "main_pool"
>                Fall-Through = Yes

I use MySQL to store the users information, my database is still with
the "User-Password" attribute instead of "Cleartext-Password", it is in
the radcheck table. But I don't want to use per-user pools, if it is
possible, the better solution for me would be setting the pool based on
some information of the NAS, because my routing topology doesn't permit
a single pool for all cities that we attend.

I am sorry for my lack of knowledge about freeradius, but I didn't find
some place where explain how freeradius configuration files works
together, and what it's the order of the authentication process. I know
that it's because it's a very flexible tool.