Newbie and Sqlippool

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Thu Feb 2 02:26:25 CET 2012

2012/2/2 Antonio Modesto <modesto at isimples.com.br>:
> My production radius server is running freeradius 1.1.8, I installed
> freeradius 2 in another server with another SQL database and copied the
> configuration files from the production server to the test server and
> changed some stuff to get it running, then I am doing these tests in this
> server. I don't know if Freeradius 2.x are compatible with freeradius 1.1.8
> configuration files.

An advice from someone who has done similar migration: don't copy the
config files :)

While Alan said it's mostly compatible, FR2 restructured some files to
make it more logical and easy to understand. My advice is to look at
your old config files, and:
- note what changes you made from the original (copying an original
config directory from a fresh installation and do "diff -Naru" can
help)
- list what functionalities you need

After that, implement the changes/functionality in the new config. The
benefit is that the config is cleaner, plus you know exactly what
changes you made, so there will be no "unknown magic" in your new
setup.

--
Fajar