Verifying you are Joining the Active Directory Domain

NdK ndk.clanbo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 18:55:32 CET 2012

Il 02/02/2012 15:45, Gilmour, Scott ha scritto:

> I was wondering if this is because we installed winbind4 rather than winbind?
DON'T! Samba4 is not yet ok for production.
Use samba-winbind-3.5.11 .
After basic config of smb.conf (I posted mine some days ago) you can do:
net ads join -U admin.user at AD.KRB5.REALM
-- it asks admin's password and should tell "join OK". AD.KRB5.REALM
must be properly configured in DNS (AD does it automatically) or you'll
have to configure /etc/krb5.conf .
Machine account should already have been created in AD.

BYtE,
 Diego.